• Tester

I'm sure you've been working or at least have it planned, since it's a ''go to'' job on a proper RP server, I've done some research and here's what I came up with for a fairly simple, yet realistic Courier job. There should be two options, GoPostal or PostOP, both have different locations, office buildings and warehouses, since I don't know anything about economy, I will not name the prices.

Go-Postal-GTAV-Logo.png

The company is based on the real world counterpart, Fedex Express. It has an office, vehicles with proper logos and a warehouse where player can acquire a van or a truck. I don't know if it has proper clothing(except for gta online ped models), but it's always possible to get proper courier work clothes using available stuff with proper colors.(For example, white shirt, blue pants and a red cap.)

How to start?

In order to start working as a courier for Go Postal, you will need to go to their office, located in Pillbox Hill.

Go-Postal-Office.png

This is where a player is given a job, proper clothes and some extra info about the job itself. As soon as player is ready, a marker would appear that will guide them to GoPostal Garage.

Go-Postal-Garage.png

This is where player can rent a truck and start working as a courier, when they're done, truck has to be returned or they will have to pay the rent price again.

Vehicles

GoPostal has a choice of two vehicles in the game. 

TlS1Sd9.png

Boxville should be the main vehicle for GoPostal.

(Optional) There's also a second option which could be available if player has done enough deliveries.

rtEYGNS.png

Pony could be the second option, but it's fine if the only option will be Boxville.

Post-OP-GTAV-Logo.png

The company is based on the real world counterpart, United Parcel Service(UPS). It has an office, vehicles with proper logos and a warehouse where player can acquire a van or a truck. I don't know if it has proper clothing(except for gta online ped models), but it's always possible to get proper courier work clothes using available stuff with proper colors.(For example, brown shirt, pants and a cap.)

How to start?

In order to start working as a courier for PostOP, you will need to go to their office, located in Pillbox Hill.

Post-OPOffice.png

This is where a player is given a job, proper clothes and some extra info about the job itself. As soon as player is ready, a marker would appear that will guide them to PostOP Garage.

Post-OPGarage.png

This is where player can rent a truck and start working as a courier, when they're done, truck has to be returned or they will have to pay the rent price again.

Vehicles

PostOP has a choice of two vehicles in the game.

pcEvFQ2.png

Boxville should be the main vehicle for PostOP.

(Optional) There's also a second option which could be available if player has done enough deliveries.

jvWGUdE.png

Mule could be the second option, but it's fine if the only option will be Boxville.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job itself

So, as soon as you're ready, got some tips on the job, proper clothing and rented a car, you're ready! Couriers have to deliver mail to different houses, they take the mail from their car, go to any door and either use a command or a hotkey to deliver.
* If you go farther, you get more money, however there's a maximum amount per mail.
* Each van will have a limited amount of mail, you can refill it back in the garage.
* Delivering a whole van gives you extra.
* Company will pay a percentage of fuel if you need to refill.
*(Optional) If you decide to add second vehicles to each company(unlocked after 100 deliveries for example), they will each have their advantages.
Pony(GoPostal) is faster and smaller, it can carry less mail meaning you get your full van bonus quicker.
Mule(PostOP) is slower and larger, it can carry much more mail, meaning you get more bonus for delivering the whole truck and you can deliver mail for longer before returning to the garage for a refill.

Why two companies?

Because R* has given us two companies and I don't see any reason not to use it, both have everything needed for a simple courier job - Office, Garage, Cars.
Another good thing is the location, since both have their office in Pillbox Hill where everyone will start and both garages are in completely different locations, while GoPostal is in the city, Downtown Vinewood, PostOP has its garage in a more industrial area, Port of LS. This means that two companies will cover different parts of the city, closest houses for GoPostal are in Hawick and Vinewood and closest houses for PostOP are around Davis and Rancho.

What's the difference?

Since I have no idea about how economy will work, this is for management to decide. My thought was to have different rent prices and delivery prices, for example:

GoPostal van rent is 100$, each delivery gives you 10$ - 30$ and delivering the whole van gives you extra 250$, fine for not returning the van is 200$; company paying 80% of gas money(if you refill).

PostOP van rent is 200$, each delivery gives you 25$ - 50$ and delivering the whole van gives you extra 200$, fine for not returning the van is 300$; company paying 65% of gas money(if you refill).

Those are quite random numbers, no math behind them, just an example so you get what I mean, if Courier company is a player owned, owner can set all the prices and percentages himself.

Edited by Lance
  • Thanks 1
  • Management

Nicely formatted and laid out. We could definitely look into utilizing these lore friendly company names and locations.

You mentioned not knowing how the economy will work though and that's a good point. I will try to get something up with a rough outline on generally what we're going for. Just to give you an idea, it's our goal that every company in-game is player owned and operated where possible. Even government entities should be player managed.

For jobs like this which are designed around new players having something quick and dirty to do, they'll still likely be player run and financial decisions would be made by them more or less. How and when players get paid is something to sort out but likely it'll be similar to IRL, direct deposit. That means not running around with an unrealistic amount of cash and getting robbed of all your earnings. Having literal rolling robberies on delivery drivers as if they're some mobile cash cows felt really off to me from other servers.

• Thanks 1
  • Tester

Update: I found a sleeveless top with GoPostal logo for females,meaning there's one for males as well, i think. So I'd assume if it exists on gta online it can be added IG as well, hopefully. 

• Management

Love it. Here's my suggestion that could be incorporated with:

So to simplify this feature, I am not going to go for the more 'realistic' route where mailboxes and a federal mail-delivery come into play. Instead, this would be a simple way for other players can receive packages from other players through a simple command or CEF script.

1) A feature where one can walk up to someone's property (let's say the door to keep it simplistic) and press "Y", giving them an option to "Leave a package".

and/or

2) Creating a post office with buyable PO Boxes where people with a purchased POB can receive packages through a unique POB number.

House/Apartment Packages: 

There's a couple of ways to tackle this. This could be done through a CEF screen similar to when they press "I", or, basic through a command.

For simplicity's sake, I will keep this feature strict to commands unless a CEF presentation is requested.

Unlike a PO Box where there would be a restriction to package size, I believe having a larger margin for bigger packages would deem fit considering in real life, you can technically leave packages at the door in form of a box. However, to minimize the griefing on the server, the packages would be stored in a "Mailbox" which would be accessible to all property owners/renters via a key (this would be roleplayed). Only the owners/renters of the properties can unlock the box.

** I need opinions in whether renters should have access to this box or just the property owners **

• Once the owner is in the property, they may check the mailbox by doing /ppackage (or) /pmailbox (or) /pcargo.
  • The cargo container should have its own inventory storage limit; I think the fair limit would be 20KG.
  • To withdraw the package, use command: /ppt (or) /pmt (or) /pct [id] [amount]

* Once the item has been withdrawn, it cannot be put back in. Same goes for any other items, nothing can be stored unless it's someone delivering/leaving something. To reduce the abuse of this feature by property owners using it as storage, a message will prompt if the property owner is depositing in their own mailbox: "You cannot leave a package in your own mailbox."

DELIVERING/LEAVING MAIL/PACKAGE 

• Walk up to the player's property door and type: /leavepackage
  • Command would be: /leavepackage [id] [amount]

*** [id] would be the id of the item in your inventory / [amount] self-explanatory ***

Purchasable P.O. Boxes 
In compliment or in contrast to property mailboxes, a P.O. Box could either be an addition or we can just go with this option. This would basically be a central location (such as a USPS mail facility) where players can purchase a P.O. Box and have things delivered to that instead of their properties. Unlike a property mailbox, the P.O. Box would be smaller and more restrictive due to the nature of its size. There are varied sizes in real life, however, for simplicity's sake, we'll keep it a standard size for everyone. This is to reduce the work developers will need to do and to reduce the chances of bugs occurring.

So the way it will work would be similar to the suggestion I made above, only the commands would be different.
As to an interior, I don't think it would be needed at this point, but if one would be desired, I do have some ideas I can add if requested.
Along with this, I have attached a few images below where I thought a good location might be for the P.O. Boxes.

1000?cb=20170518083453latest?cb=20180608114855 Go Postal Building

OXGxIaC.png Pickup / Entry Location

WHAT HAPPENS ONCE A PLAYER PRESSES Y AT THE P.O. BOX LOCATION? 

• If the player does not own a P.O. Box, they will be prompted to buy one for the price of $5,000 (open to suggestions).
  • If the player owns a P.O. Box, they will have the option to select the P.O. Box prompted as so: P.O. BOX #12345

The max capacity of each mailbox would be 10-15KG (Up to devs).
* It would be up to the developers on how the boxes would be numbered. I think for realism, the P.O. Box numbers should start at #1000.
* Players could own up to 2 boxes - Unless stated that it would be a problem within the server's limits.
The rule of inactivity would apply to mailboxes just like properties would.
P.O. Boxes would not have their owner's name publicly displayed so someone would only know the player's number if told so by the owner IC.
The CEF box would be similar to how the multi-interiors now operate.

WITHDRAW / DEPOSIT / CHECK ITEMS 
Withdraw - Walk up to the entrance and type: /pbtake [id] [amount]
Deposit (Owner) - Walk up to the entrance and type: /pbput [id] [amount]|
Deposit (Sender) - Walk up to the entrance and type: /pbdeliver [P.O. Box #] [id] [amount]
Check Box Items (Owner) - Walk up to the entrance and type: /pbinv

As to if the box should be able to store items is up to the devs or by popular opinion. The way I see it is you paid a small fee for the storage, so why not it be usable?

Any more ideas would gladly be appreciated. I will keep updating this as comments roll in.

Commands to add:

HOUSES:
/ppackage (or) /pmailbox (or) /pcargo
/ppt (or) /pmt (or) /pct [id] [amount]
/leavepackage [id] [amount]

P.O. BOXES:
/pbtake [id] [amount]
/pbput [id] [amount]
/pbdeliver [P.O. Box #] [id] [amount]
/pbinv

Items to add:

Mailboxes in the properties
Mailbox system
Go Postal P.O. Box Building
P.O. Box System

Package Marker blip_501.png Blip ID# 501 (https://wiki.gtanet.work/index.php?title=Blips)

• Interesting... 1
  • Management

This is a lot to respond to. It almost deserves its own topic.

Renters should not work the same way as other servers anyway. Having a dozen people renting the same property is highly unrealistic. The number of available bedrooms should determine the renting setup. If the landlord also lives at the address, they must count as occupying one of the bedrooms.

I like the premise of P.O. boxes and package delivery with some concerns attached. How can this be abused? What items what can be sent as a package? If no limits, who is responsible for screening packages? Does this mean all drug transactions will be via mail?

Final suggestion is that all this advanced stuff is considered carefully and implemented post beta.