Different Types of Banks

• Tester

There's a good amount of banks in GTA V:

1. Maze Bank
  2. Fleeca Bank
  3. Pacific Standard Bank
  4. Blaine County Bank

You can go to each bank and make an account, you get an account ID etc, all the little details.

Now there's two options.

Easy option - Transfering between clients of different banks adds a little tax(5-15% perhaps) while if you let's say send from Fleeca to Fleeca it's tax free. Deposit/Withdraw from another bank while you're a client of Fleeca also adds a tax.

More complicated - What I previously mentioned, plus add more different taxes or extras, such as for example, let's say Fleeca Bank has 5% tax when you transfer money, but it has 10% tax when you get your hourly paycheck, while Pacific takes 15% when you transfer, but there's no tax when you get your hourly paycheck, this is just an example. Long story short, each bank will have advantages and disadvantages at the end of the day making them fairly similar, so player can choose a bank based on their offers(taxes etc).

This system will add a lot of RP and different types of banks that players can choose from, from what I've seen, you're aiming for a heavy in depth RP, this would help a lot.

• Management

Would something like this not normally be circumvented by withdrawing cash and giving cash to the other player with a different bank who then deposits the cash with no fees associated, because cash? Or using a check/cashier's check?

We do have plans for banking and economy that I would consider above and beyond, not seen anywhere else I know of. We could share those details when we're closer to being able to implement them.

A brief snippet would be the difference between admin run banks and player run banks. Pros and cons to each. And yes, we know we'd have to be careful with this. I think a lot of the point of serious RP for us is player choice. The choice to make smart and dumb decisions alike. Realistic options are good. Choice is good.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Player ran banks I think would open the doors to both good and bad.

The bad being that the economy could possibly be subject to exploitation OOC-wise.
The good being that it opens the door for possible criminal role-play and could possibly influence the economy more into a player-lead model.

Either way how we implement this would have to be carefully crafted.

• Tester

Owning a bank is a lot of responsibilities. Need to choose owners carefully. But it's up to you, I'm personally down to not have player owned banks, not the big ones at least. Main point of this suggestion is to use most of the GTA Lore banks we're given, usually servers just get that big Pacific Standard one and that's it. 

In order to be different and make money RP more interesting and unique, each bank should have their own perks etc, player choose which they want to be the client of. Not just go and deposit/withdraw from any bank.

• Management

I'd stray away from saying banks have different perks as it feels too RPG like. I'm not against RPG mechanics that contribute to the RP, only ones that feel arbitrarily slapped on. I think it's simpler and more accurate to say different banks offer different types and amounts of incentives. It's probably just semantics but perks makes it feel like an RPG level up system lol.

Also I think we could tie different banks into the loan system we'd like to have. For example, one bank may provide larger loan amounts but higher interest while another bank might do the opposite. Although I'm really not sure on this one. IRL banks offer all kinds of different loan setups as each one can be tailored to the person's needs. Any bank can offer any kind of loan so one could argue it's unrealistic to have banks specialize in anything at all. IDK.

Player Banks Stuff

Spoiler

As far as admin and player banks, player banks won't be coming too soon. Admin banks will be stable, not in flux, will be predictable with what you expect to get out of them, and will be the safest generic banking option. But unlike a player run bank, admin banks won't be trying to earn your business with them. Admin banks don't care about you or what you want to get out of them. They simply exist as an option to players who maybe don't want to risk a player bank.

With that said, it doesn't mean a player can't run a good bank that actually cares about its customers and wants to offer the best services possible. There will be a limited number of player run banks to prevent things from getting stupid. And banks will have to adhere to state law or get investigated and possibly shut down by the Department of Commerce or an agency under their domain.

• Tester
1 hour ago, Sern said:

For example, one bank may provide larger loan amounts but higher interest while another bank might do the opposite. Although I'm really not sure on this one.
Player Banks Stuff

Reveal hidden contents

As far as admin and player banks, player banks won't be coming too soon. Admin banks will be stable, not in flux, will be predictable with what you expect to get out of them, and will be the safest generic banking option. But unlike a player run bank, admin banks won't be trying to earn your business with them. Admin banks don't care about you or what you want to get out of them. They simply exist as an option to players who maybe don't want to risk a player bank.

With that said, it doesn't mean a player can't run a good bank that actually cares about its customers and wants to offer the best services possible. There will be a limited number of player run banks to prevent things from getting stupid. And banks will have to adhere to state law or get investigated and possibly shut down by the Department of Commerce or an agency under their domain.

Tbh this one sounds good to me.